Each intern will receive a stipend of $13,000 (before taxes) over the 49 weeks of the supervised practice experience. The stipend is processed through the hospital's payroll system and a portion of it is received every two weeks via direct deposit.
In addition to the stipend, each student receives a dollar amount for cafeteria meals during the supervised practice experience.
- Graduate school application fee (due after matched to the program): $50
- Tuition: $1,882/per credit hour; Total tuition: $56,460
- Health fee: $1,087/semester (will be waived if student has alternate medical insurance)
- Activity fee: $18/semester
- Housing: $650-$950/month
- Books: $350
- UH Cleveland Medical Center parking: $50-$70/month. Transportation is mandatory for traveling to work, classes and off-site experiences.
- Cleveland Dietetic Association student membership dues: $15
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics student membership dues: $58
Student Health Services
According to CWRU policy, all students are required to either have personal health insurance or to purchase health insurance through the University. Dietetic interns may utilize health and support services at CWRU including counseling services and mental health services. See the CWRU General Bulletin for details.
Housing arrangements are the responsibility of the student. CWRU does not offer on-campus housing for graduate school students. Information can be obtained through CWRU Housing, Residence Life & Greek Life / Graduate Housing (216-368-3780).
Dietetic interns are categorized by CWRU as full-time students and are eligible to apply for scholarships, fellowships and loans from any source for any part of the program. Some tuition assistance from CWRU may be available for the final semester of study. Scholarships and fellowships are available for interns or graduate students through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation.
For additional information regarding scholarship eligibility or to obtain an application, visit the ACEND website, or contact the Foundation staff at 800-877-1600 ext. 1133 or by email at: email@example.com.