- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Successful completion of an ACEND accredited didactic program in dietetics (DPD Verification Statement).
- The degree and all course work must be successfully completed before the internship begins.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required for admission or application.
- Five dietetic interns are selected for the 49 week program, which typically runs from August to July.
- Applications are reviewed by a selection committee, which includes internship faculty and preceptors.
- Applicants are screened for eligibility for admission to Case Western Reserve University's School of Graduate Studies. Candidates are then evaluated in terms of academic achievement (3.0 GPA), personal statement and references. GRE scores are not required. Work experience in an area related to dietetics is considered beneficial to the student’s overall preparation for the dietetic internship.
- Applicants may contact the director to discuss any conditions that might involve special accommodations; however, this is not a requirement for admission and will not be considered in the selection process.
- Applicants are encouraged to visit the facility or contact the program director to discuss the program. However, information from these visits is not used to select applicants, nor is preference given to candidates who choose to visit.
- Decisions concerning appointment are made on the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, disability, gender, sexual orientation or marital status, in accordance with Federal and Ohio law.
- A qualified individual with a disability will be considered for employment on the same basis as non-disabled applicants if he/she can perform the essential functions of the position sought, with or without reasonable accommodations, and without imposing a direct threat to the health or safety of others or him/herself.
Applicants are required to complete a personal statement of 1,000 words or less. Questions to be addressed in the statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetic profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Why would you like to be a dietetic intern at UH Cleveland Medical Center?
The University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center Dietetic Internship Program uses the online centralized internship application, DICAS, which can be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org in early December for the spring match.
To learn more about your responsibilities as an applicant to a dietetic internship program that uses DICAS and participates in computer matching, visit the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website.
Application deadline: The online application for our program must be completed by 11:59 p.m. CT on or before the mid-February deadline set by ACEND.
Fee to use DICAS: $40 for the first application submitted; $20 for each additional application submitted.
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS Transcript Dept.
PO Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02472