Emergency Room at UH Samaritan
Providing Fast, Efficient Care When Every Second Counts
University Hospitals Samaritan Medical Center located in Ashland, Ohio delivers 24-hour emergency care to adults and pediatric patients in a state-of-the-art facility. Our emergency room offers immediate access to an expert team of multidisciplinary specialists and is equipped with the most advanced technology available.
For life-threatening emergencies, always call 9-1-1.
Features and Services
The emergency room at UH Samaritan Medical Center offers:
- Board-certified physicians and nurses highly trained in emergency and trauma care
- Multiple nurses stations to ensure constant patient monitoring and a timely response to patient needs
- Immediate access to state-of-the-art imaging technology
- New, efficiently designed trauma room
- Unparalleled communication with EMS professionals
- Access to advanced care at UH Cleveland Medical Center with helicopter transfer services available for the most time-sensitive emergencies
Recently expanded and renovated, the ER at UH Samaritan Medical Center is a spacious, state-of-the-art facility designed with the comfort of our patients in mind. Amenities include:
- Television, computer and telephone in each exam room
- Exam room privacy doors
- Natural lighting through a peaked glass ceiling supports a sense of well-being
- Large, comfortable waiting area with vending machines and wheelchairs nearby
- Separate play space for children
- Private consultation room for physicians and family members
- Well-appointed bereavement room overlooking an outdoor fountain
For Minor Illness or Injury
In the event of a minor illness or injury, patients should visit the nearest urgent care.