Resources for Patients and Visitors at UH Portage Medical Center
At University Hospitals Portage Medical Center, we will do everything possible to make your stay here as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We take pride in our warm and caring service, while at the same time providing you with the latest in medical procedures and technology.
UH Portage Medical Center is located at the intersection of State Route 14 (OH-14) and State Route 44 (OH-44) in Ravenna, Ohio, making it easily accessible to residents of Ravenna and the surrounding communities in Portage County.
6847 North Chestnut St.
Ravenna, OH 44266
UH Portage Medical Center offers ample free parking for patients, family members and visitors, including clearly marked handicapped spaces.
Valet parking is available for a $5 fee at the main entrance, Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The safety, privacy and comfort of our patients is our primary concern. All of our patient rooms are single-occupancy and come equipped with in-room telephones, Spectrum cable television, free WiFi and CARE Channel for Comfort.
We provide a variety of resources to help our patients navigate their hospital visit:
- Your hospital stay: Room amenities, patient advocacy, meals, going home and more.
- Billing, insurance and medical records: Pay your bill, pricing information, accepted insurance and request records.
- Personal health record: View your electronic medical record, lab results and request an appointment. A fully electronic, secure medical record systems for increased accuracy and privacy.
- Language interpretation services: Access 24/7 translation services in more than 180 languages, including sign language.
Our goal is to ensure that family and friends visiting our patients have access to the information and services they need to make their visit enjoyable, with as little stress as possible. Visitor policies are the same at all UH medical centers and are outlined here.
For questions or assistance specific to UH Portage Medical Center, call patient information at 330-297-2898 or stop by the information desk in the main lobby.
Additional resources for visitors include:
- Nearby Lodging and Dining Options
- Nutrition Services & Café
- Phone Directory & Telephone Services
- Gift Shop
- Other Amenities
- Language Interpretation Services
Meals for Visitors
For your convenience, visitors may purchase a guest meal selected from the room service menu to be sent up with the patient’s tray. Stop by the UH Portage Medical Center cafeteria to purchase a guest meal certificate, and then place your order at the time of the patient’s order by calling ext 72390 from a hospital phone.
Visitor breakfast trays are $4, while lunch and dinner trays are $6.
For the health and safety of our patients and staff, UH Portage Medical Center is a smoke-free campus. Visitors, patients and staff are asked to refrain from smoking in any area of the hospital or hospital grounds.
Wheelchair assistance is available through volunteer transporters by calling 330-297-2919 or ext. 72919 from any hospital phone.