Emergency Room Care at UH Geneva Medical Center
University Hospitals Geneva Medical Center located in Geneva, Ohio delivers 24-hour emergency care to adults and pediatrics patients in a state-of-the-art facility. Our emergency room offers immediate access to an expert team of multidisciplinary specialists and is equipped with the most advanced technology available.
Fast and Efficient Emergency Room Care When Every Second Counts
In emergency situations, you need expert medical care fast. UH is committed to providing quality care quickly. Your treatment begins quickly so you spend less time waiting.
For life-threatening emergencies, always call 9-1-1.
ER Features and Services at UH Geneva
UH Geneva Medical Center specialists are highly trained to deliver fast, expert care that is close to home. At our facility, patients and their loved ones have access to the following:
- 12 emergency suites, including two trauma suites
- State-of-the-art nurses station with central monitoring information system
- Separate decontamination room with dedicated external entry
- Negative air examination rooms that are equipped with reverse ventilation to reduce the spread of airborne contaminants
- Large waiting area designed for comfort, with designated privacy areas
- Bedside registration to lessen patient anxiety and maintain privacy
- MEDEVAC helicopter transport for patients who must be airlifted to other facilities or trauma centers
- Rapid access to diagnostic imaging and lab services
- Expanded capabilities that allow for faster treatment of chest pain and stroke, dedicated cardiac receiving/sending station enhances communication between the ED physicians, emergency medical services providers, and the catheterization lab at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
The UH Geneva Medical Center ER serves more than 13,000 patients a year, and is an integral part of the Critical Access Hospital designation of UH Geneva Medical Center by the federal government.
UH Geneva Medical Center is designated a University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital emergency room and offers kid-friendly services provided by board-certified emergency physicians with experience in children’s care.
Our emergency experts have a direct connection to the nationally ranked University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, the region’s only Level I pediatric trauma center, for any child that needs more advanced medical attention.
Hold a Spot Online
Patients can check in and wait whenever they are most comfortable by using our online self-scheduling service powered by InQuicker. A Patient can select a time slot and a place will be held for them when they arrive, allowing for more time to get back to their busy lives. Please use the InQuicker button to the right hand side of this page to check in online.
For Minor Illness or Injury
In the event of a minor illness or injury, patients should visit the nearest urgent care. There are two UH Urgent Care centers located in Ashtabula County for your convenience.