Heart and Vascular Services at University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center
The nationally recognized cardiovascular program at University Hospitals Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute at UH Elyria Medical Center offers the latest and most effective heart and vascular related treatment and care – close to home.
Highly specialized, advanced medical and surgical therapies are available at UH Elyria Medical Center, including access to the latest investigational strategies available only in select programs nationwide.
UH Elyria Medical Center has a proud, long-standing role in providing compassionate, quality cardiovascular care to the residents of Elyria and surrounding communities for more than 100 years.
Cardiovascular Conditions We Treat at UH Elyria Medical Center
Our dedicated team of more than 40 cardiovascular doctors and specialists, vascular surgeons and nurse practitioners tailor diagnostic and treatment plans to the individual needs of each patient, addressing the full range of cardiology and vascular related conditions, including:
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart muscle diseases
- Heart rhythm issues (irregular heartbeat), including atrial fibrillation
- Vascular disease, such as:
Find more conditions we treat on our Heart and Vascular Services.
Recognition for Cardiovascular Services at UH Elyria Medical Center in Elyria, OH
UH Elyria Medical Center’s cardiovascular program has been honored with national recognition from a variety of medical organizations, including:
- Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospital for Cardiovascular Services
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care
- National Cardiovascular Data Registry (NCDR) ACTION Registry® Get with the Guidelines (GWTG)™: Platinum Performance Achievement Award
- American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline® Receiving Center Gold Plus Level Recognition Award
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission for Echocardiography
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission for Vascular Laboratories
- Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care: Chest Pain Center Accreditation
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Certification
- Ranked by Healthgrades among the top 5 percent in the nation for Coronary Interventional Procedures for two years in a row (2013-2014)