Orthopedic Services at the UH Ohio Bone & Joint Institute
The Ohio Bone & Joint Institute at University Hospitals Conneaut Medical Center offers patients comprehensive orthopedic care. Led by William A. Seeds, MD – distinguished researcher, educator, and one of the region’s most respected orthopedic surgeons – the Ohio Bone & Joint Institute is dedicated to innovative, effective treatment of orthopedic diseases and injuries.
More importantly, we at the Ohio Bone & Joint Institute believe that genuine human interaction during each phase of treatment maximizes your awareness, involvement and comfort. Our evolved, compassionate approach enables you to heal faster and return to an active, fulfilling life.
Comprehensive Services for Orthopedic Specialty Care
Our services include:
- Diagnostic imaging (MRI and CT scan)
- Non-invasive treatment of:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Hip, knee, ankle, hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder (rotator cuff)
- Arthroplasty (Joint replacement)
- Minimally invasive: Total knee, hip and shoulder
- Minimally invasive, computer-assisted: Total hip and knee, Gender-specific total knee, partial knee
- Traditional: Total hip, knee, shoulder and elbow
- Rehabilitation/Outpatient Programs
- Short-term functional therapies
- Sports medicine
- Outpatient therapies
- Injury prevention
- Fracture care
Learn more about the full breadth of services and orthopedic treatment offered by University Hospitals Orthopedic Institute.
Advanced Operating Facility for Orthopedic Surgery
The features of University Hospitals Conneaut Medical Center’s operative room include:
- A warm, guest-friendly operating room
- Technology that enables the entire surgical team to monitor every detail of the surgery as it happens, as a team
- Display capabilities that simultaneously capture video and still images of the procedure as well as the patient’s X-ray and medical chart in order to maximize the efficiency, accuracy and safety of treatment
- A minimally invasive computer-assisted hip and knee Total Joint Replacement system that provides three-dimensional anatomical views and real-time, step-by-step data. This dynamic technology results in:
- A smaller incision
- More precise joint sizing and alignment
- A shorter hospital stay
- Quicker recovery time
- Less pain and fewer setbacks
- Less tissue damage A more positive outcome
The Ohio Bone & Joint Institute’s staff, amenities and technology combine to create advanced orthopedic excellence.