Emergency Room at UH Conneaut Medical Center
University Hospitals Conneaut Medical Center located in Ashtabula, Ohio delivers 24-hour emergency care to adults and pediatrics patients in a state-of-the-art facility. Our emergency room offers immediate access to an expert team of multidisciplinary specialists and is equipped with the most advanced technology available.
Fast and Efficient Emergency Room Care When Every Second Counts
In emergency situations, you need expert medical care fast. UH is committed to providing quality care quickly. Your treatment begins quickly so you spend less time waiting.
For life-threatening emergencies, always call 9-1-1.
UH Conneaut Medical Center specialists are highly trained to deliver fast, expert care that is close to home. At our facility, patients and their loved ones have access to the following:
- Eight emergency suites, including one trauma suite
- Negative air examination rooms equipped with reverse ventilation to reduce the spread of airborne contaminants
- A large waiting area designed for the comfort of patients and families
- Bedside registration to lessen patient anxiety and maintain privacy
- Enhanced security services in close proximity to ER lobby/waiting room
- Expanded capabilities to allow for faster treatment of chest pain and stroke
- Cardiac receiving/sending station enhances communication between the ER physicians
- Readily available diagnostic imaging and lab services
- Advanced resuscitation and stabilization capabilities
- MEDEVAC helicopter transport availability for patients who must be airlifted to other facilities or trauma centers for advanced treatment after stabilization
UH Conneaut Medical Center offers kid-friendly emergency care services provided by board-certified emergency physicians with experience in children’s care. We are a designated University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital emergency department with a direct connection to our nationally ranked University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, the region’s only Level I pediatric trauma center, for any child that needs more advanced medical attention.
Check in Online
Patients can check in and wait whenever they are most comfortable by using our online self-scheduling service powered by InQuicker. A Patient can select a time slot and a place will be held for them when they arrive, allowing for more time to get back to their busy lives. Please use the InQuicker button to the right hand side of this page to check in online.
For Minor Illness or Injury
The Urgent Care at UH Conneaut Medical Center treats non-emergency illnesses or injuries such as cough/congestion, flu symptoms, urinary tract infection, minor lacerations, sprains, earache, rash/skin irritation, and other minor injuries. Open 7 days a week from 7 a.m. – 7:30 p.m., the Urgent Care is located on the first floor adjacent to the Emergency Department. No appointment is necessary, the department can be reached at 440-593-0131.