Give Back to the Community by Volunteering at UH Bedford Medical Center
Working as a volunteer at University Hospitals Bedford Medical Center, a campus of UH Regional Hospitals offers many opportunities. Volunteers work in clerical positions, guide patients and their families to appointments, and deliver magazines, newspapers and puzzles to the patients' rooms. Some volunteers work in specific departments handling a variety of tasks like filing, faxing and making phone calls. If a community member has time to give, we'll find a place to use his or her talents at UH Bedford Medical Center.
The observation program at UH Bedford Medical Center gives individuals interested in a healthcare career to shadow a hospital worker to learn more about the field. Observation opportunities are available in areas such as neurology and the OR.
Pet Pals is a pet therapy program that uses trained volunteers and their adult dogs to make short, in-room visits to adults and children who would enjoy the company of a furry friend. Please contact Diane Pekarek to sign up today at Diane.Pekarek@UHhospitals.org or by phone at 216-844-6288. Learn more about how you can brighten the lives of patients through pet therapy.
How to Become a UH Bedford Volunteer
Application: Complete the Volunteer Application to start a volunteer career at UH Bedford Medical Center, please fill out the appropriate volunteer application form and have two references complete the reference forms and email back to Jasmine.Gardiner@UHhospitals.org
- Interview: Once your application is received, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you. If an opportunity for placement is available, an interview will be scheduled.
- Background and Screening: Reference and criminal checks, including fingerprinting, are conducted on all volunteers before they start their position.
- Orientation: You will attend a full day Hospital/Volunteer Services Orientation at UH Bedford Medical Center, a campus of UH Regional Hospitals.
- Health Screening: Before starting their position, all volunteers will receive a TB test. It is provided by the hospital at no cost. The TB test is an annual requirement.
- Dress Code: You will receive a badge and a jacket that you are required to wear when volunteering.
Current Positions Available
These volunteers help answer phones and call lights at UH Bedford Medical Center. Volunteers are needed Monday – Friday; five days a week of volunteering is not required but is available.
These volunteers check in on patients and assist with non-medical needs, offering support and conversation. Volunteers are needed Monday – Friday; five days a week of volunteering is not required but is available.