Post Physical Therapy Exercise Program
This four-week physical therapist-referred exercise program is for patients who are being released from physical therapy for lower extremity therapy. The exercise groups are led by certified personal trainers at the state of the art Fitness Center at University Hospitals Avon Health Center. The overall goal is to help improve function and provide options for an active lifestyle.
Benefits of this exercise program include:
- Improved confidence
- Improved range of motion
- Improved strength
- Increased endurance
- Motivation and accountability
The four-week program includes:
- A health assessment by our fitness specialist team to understand your needs
- Small group workout meeting two days a week for four weeks
- Four passes to the Avon Fitness Center for a third workout each week
Depending on your unique situation, a training session may include:
- Independent 10-15 minute warm up options include bike, elliptical, track, nu-step, etc.
- 30 minutes of resistance training using machines, resistance bands, cables, etc. with a certified personal trainer
- Independent stretching routine
The cost to enroll in this program is $99 per person. The fee is non-refundable. Missed classes cannot be made up.