Avon vs. Avon Lake
The Fitness Center at UH Avon Health Center is pleased to present the fourth annual Avon vs. Avon Lake Wellness Challenge! The program, which will run May – August, enables residents of Avon and Avon Lake to take part in a friendly competition to see which city is the healthiest. You do not have to be a member of the Fitness Center to take part.
- April 22 – May 30
- May 12 – May 30
- May 29 – August 15
- Sign-ups begin on April 22.
- The challenge is open to Avon and Avon Lake residents aged 15 and older.
- The cost is $15 per person.
- Participants will receive a program card and community challenge T-shirt.
- Avon nonmember participants will receive complimentary access on each Wednesday during the competition, while Avon Lake nonmember participants will receive complimentary access each Thursday during the competition.
- Program updates sent via email and social media.
- Lost or replacement program cards will be reprinted for a $5 charge.
All participants will receive a T-shirt, and there will be cash prizes for individual first, second and third place winners. The city that has earned the most points at the end of the challenge will have its name engraved on a plaque (and have bragging rights for an entire year).
Points will be awarded to individuals based on their participation in various health, wellness and fitness activities, such as receiving a wellness assessment (blood pressure, waist circumference and body composition), working out at the center, joining a community walk/race, or even donating to a food drive. Each point you earn for yourself also adds to your city’s point total.
At the time of sign-up, participants will receive a card that will track their activities and contribute to their city’s cumulative point total.
|Initial Wellness Assessment (Includes blood pressure, waist circumference and body composition)||5|
|Visit Fitness Center on Avon/Avon Lake Community Day||2|
|Attending Select Health, Wellness and Fitness Seminars||2|
|Post Wellness Assessment||7|
|Maintaining Body Composition/Waste Circumference Criterion (whichever is better)||3|
|10% Decrease Body Composition/Waste Circumference Criterion (whichever is better)||5|
|15% Decrease Body Composition/Waste Circumference Criterion (whichever is better)||10|
|Social Media Testimonial||3|
Attending one or more of the following races/walks:
|Participation in the Fitness Center Food Drive||1|
Updates on points for each city, health & wellness events will be updated via email, Facebook and digital board.