Fitness Center at UH Avon Health Center
Avon vs. Avon Lake Community Challenge 2022
A wellness competition between the communities of Avon and Avon Lake
Registration: Now – June 7
Health Assessments: June 5 – 14
Wellness Challenge: Tuesday, June 7 – Thursday, August 11
Schedule of Events
- All tracking will be done at the UH Fitness Center in Avon unless otherwise noted.
- Participants may register in person at the front desk or by calling 440-988-6801.
- Residents of Avon or Avon Lake, ages 15+ or those employed there
- $20 per participant
- Participants will receive a program card and community challenge T-shirt.
- Program updates sent via email and social media.
- You may visit on a Tuesday or Thursday. Take your pick. (New for 2022)
- InBody Bioimpedence is used for Body Composition
Benefits and incentives:
- Monetary awards for first ($100), second ($75) and third ($50) place.
- The winning city will receive an Avon – Avon Lake Community Challenge plaque.
How to participate:
- Each participant will receive a program card that will electronically track points
earned throughout the wellness competition. The point schedule is as follows:
Activity Point Value Initial wellness assessment (includes blood pressure, inbody body composition assessment, waist circumference and weight) 5 Visit UH Fitness Center in Avon on Avon/Avon Lake Community Day 2 Attend select special event 2 Post wellness assessment 7 Maintaining body composition/waist circumference 3 5 Percent decrease body composition/waist circumference 5 10 Percent decrease body composition/waist circumference 10 Social media testimonial 3 Participation in the UH Fitness Center in Avon food drive 1