UH is committed to the improvement of quality care, patient experience and safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Our culture of safety encourages employees to be advocates, which allows us the opportunity to ensure quality care for our patients.
We have developed data-based, patient-focused metrics for every aspect of quality, including clinical care, patient experience, safety, process improvement, environment, research and education. We use dedicated teams of top experts to find the highest-value ways to achieve those goals. We learn continuously from best practices in the health care industry – and we continue to establish best practices for other institutions to aspire toward.
Programs put into place to ensure quality and patient safety include, but are not limited to:
- Electronic medical records
- Safety rounds and clinical audits
- Falls reduction
- Hand hygiene
- Health care acquired Infection reduction
- Patient safety indicators
- National patient safety goals
- Safety Event Reporting System (PASS reports)
- Patient and Family Leadership Councils
- Patient experience surveys
- Critical incident management teams