University Hospitals Centers of Excellence+: Information for Patients
The most important goal of every Center of Excellence+ (COE+) at University Hospitals is to provide the best patient care possible at an affordable price. As such, we embrace a patient-centered approach that promotes best practice guidelines while eliminating unnecessary treatments and procedures.
Ready to Enroll?
Fill out our online form to enroll in one of our COE+ programs.
Our Centers of Excellence+
Why Choose UH and Our Centers of Excellence+?
U.S. News & World Report recognized UH Cleveland Medical Center as a Best Hospital in 2021-2022.
Ranked in the top 50 nationally in Cancer, Cardiology & Heart Surgery, ENT, Geriatrics, and Neurology & Neurosurgery.
Ranked third among all hospitals in Ohio.
Ethisphere – a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices – recognized UH as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021.
What Happens During Your Care Journey?
- Initially, you will contact your health insurance provider or fill out our contact form to initiate a referral to your insurance provider.
- Your insurance provider will verify your plan eligibility and send you an information packet.
- Once UH receives the referral, our nurse navigators will coordinate all pre-surgical requirements.
- If you will be traveling to Cleveland, your insurance provider will coordinate all lodging and travel arrangements.
- Upon your arrival at UH, the nurse navigators will escort you to all appointments for clinical evaluation and pre-surgical testing.
- The UH care team will oversee your care until you leave the hospital. Your PCP will then continue care. Your UH nurse navigators will follow up to check on your progress.
What to Expect During Your Visit
We are with you every step of the way during your care journey – from processing the initial referral and coordinating all pre-surgical requirements to managing your post-surgical recovery. You can expect nothing less than the best medical care and supporting services when you have your procedure through a UH Center of Excellence+ Program.
For further information on obtaining world-class treatment through a UH Center of Excellence+ Program, click one of the following links:
Five Pillars of Clinical Care
Our COEs strive for value, optimal clinical outcomes, positive patient experiences, and lower cost for both patients and employers. To achieve these goals, our program is built on five pillars of clinical care: connection, innovation, engagement, transformation and appropriateness.
Information for Out-of-Town Patients Traveling to UH Cleveland Medical Center
Getting to University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
UH Cleveland Medical Center
11100 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106
Staying & Dining
Stay at the Courtyard Marriott – Cleveland University Circle
While staying in Cleveland, accommodations will be provided for patients and care partners at the Courtyard Marriott, conveniently located across the street from UH Cleveland Medical Center. Your health insurance provider will coordinate all lodging arrangements.
- Valet parking is available
- Shuttle hours are 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. – this complimentary service runs within a 2-mile radius
There are a variety of restaurants in the areas surrounding UH Cleveland Medical Center, including University Circle, Little Italy and Cedar-Fairmount. Click here for a detailed list.
Information for Out-of-Town Patients Traveling to UH Geauga Medical Center
Getting to UH Geauga Medical Center
UH Geauga Medical Center
13207 Ravenna Road
Chardon, OH 44024
Patients are responsible for making their own lodging arrangements within a 90-minute drive of UH Geauga Medical Center. Recommended hotels around the area include the following:
|Distance to UH Geauga
|The Lodge at Bass Lake
|426 South St., Chardon
|7581 Auburn Rd., Painesville
|Holiday Inn Express
|11200 Gold Ct., Painesville
|11755 Kinsman Rd., Newbury
|6103 Landerhaven Dr., Mayfield Heights
Get Started Today
To receive more information about our Center of Excellence+ programs, please fill out this form:
If you are a UH employee and have specific questions regarding UH health plan benefits, please contact Contigo Health at 877-891-2690, Option 7.