The UH Research & Education Institute (UH R&E) is the primary entity that oversees the academic operations of University Hospitals’ Health System. UH R&E leadership oversees laboratory, clinical trials, and population health research along with both undergraduate and graduate medical education.
UH R&E is committed to establishing our academic medical center as a next-generation academic health system dedicated to accelerating discovery, innovation, and translation of scientific breakthroughs to address unmet clinical needs and enhance the lives of our patients, our community, and the world. Central to achieving this goal is the recruitment, retention, and support of the best and brightest faculty. UH R&E supports and/or coordinates all aspects of academic faculty life across the full spectrum of research and educational activities.
Please email UH R&E with any questions.
Important UH Academic Resources and Contact Information
- UH Clinical Research Center (CRC): The CRC team provides support and expertise for all aspects of the clinical research process. View the full list of UH CRC Core Office contacts at the CRC Contact page. If you have a general question please email the Clinical Research Center.
- UH Ventures: The Venture team works with UH faculty and staff to identify, develop and deploy innovative ideas along with issues related to intellectual property, licensing and commercialization activities. For questions, please contact Dhanesh Shah. To submit inventions, please visit UH Ventures.
- UH Institutional Relations & Development Office (IRD): The IRD team can assist with preparing proposals to federal, state, local government funders and foundations. The team can also help with the funding strategy coaching and development, narrative preparation, budget assistance in coordination with the UH Grants & Contracts Office, and other funding-related support. For questions, please contact Jori Mintz.
- UH Grants & Contracts Office: The Grants & Contracts office assists with contract negotiation and processing, financial coverage analysis, research patient billing, account set-up, and other services related to clinical trials, non-federal grants, foundation agreements, and industry contracts. Please contact the grants office.
- Faculty Development: UH and Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) School of Medicine offer many resources for faculty development in the areas of education, leadership, and career development. Please contact Marjorie Greenfield.
- Partnership with Case Western Reserve University: UH has multi-affiliation standing with CWRU School of Medicine. UH and CWRU are committed to expand the opportunities for both institutions to advance education, research, and clinical care. For more information about faculty appointment, research and teaching opportunities, please visit CWRU School of Medicine.
We encourage you to join the UHR&E mailing list to get news on Funding Opportunities (monthly), clinical trials & research study (monthly), and UH R&E Newsletter (quarterly). Please send your name and email address to UHR&E.