Trauma, Critical Care, and Acute Care Surgery Research
As an academic Level 1 trauma center, the Division of Trauma, Critical Care, and Acute Care Surgery has an obligation to produce multi-disciplinary scholarship across the spectrum of trauma and acute care surgery.
The continued maturation of our research efforts was demonstrated in 2020 with multiple publications, presentations, and the start of several unique investigations, including:
- Investigation of the function of the diaphragm after closure of damage control laparotomy in trauma and emergency surgery (PIs: Moorman/Onders)
- Efficacy of surgeon-led microteaching of critical care staff (PIs: Donatelli/Loudon/Moorman)
- Use of laparoscopy in trauma after implementation of FLS in residency training (PI: Rushing)
Multi-Institutional Clinical Trials and Studies
- EAST MCT – Early VTE Prophylaxis in Isolated TBI (PI: Donatelli)
- ACS COT Firearms Study (PI: Rushing)
Learn more about our division's research through our publications and presentations.