Leading-Edge Reconstructive Surgical Care
The experienced physicians at University Hospitals Genitourinary Reconstruction & Prosthetic Surgery Center are skilled in treating the most complex genital and urinary health problems. As dedicated scientists and researchers, our physicians help to develop safer, more effective genitourinary surgery techniques.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you think you or loved one would benefit from our care, please contact our urology specialists at the Genitourinary Reconstruction & Prosthetic Surgery Center for a consultation at 1-888-610-2586.
Our core reconstructive urologic procedures include the management of:
- Concealed penis
- Erectile dysfunction
- Genital gender affirmation surgery (male to female)
- Genital gender affirmation surgery (female to male)
- Hypospadias repair failure, when the opening of the urethra in the penis is not centered
- Male urethral stricture disease when scarring, injury or infection has caused a blockage in the urethra
- Oncology – or trauma-related injury
- Penile curvature and Peyronie’s disease reconstruction
- Recto-urethral fistula disease, a hole between the urethra and rectum, causing leakage of urine or feces
- Upper urinary tract damage
No matter your condition, you can be confident you’ll receive compassionate, quality care from a team of some of the most qualified urology specialists in the country, right here in Northeast Ohio.
We take great pride in delivering seamless care that’s sensitive to each patient’s individual needs. We collaborate with other expert specialists such as:
- Colorectal surgeons
- Plastic surgeons
- Pelvic floor physical therapists
- Urodynamic technicians
By offering a team-based approach, we ensure that all your physical and mental health needs are included in your individual path to care.
Most Advanced Procedures and Treatments
The urology experts at University Hospitals use a number of advanced procedures to correct or repair the genitourinary system. These surgical options include:
- Artificial urinary sphincter placement, a commonly used device to treat urinary incontinence
- Bladder neck reconstruction for reconstruction of the urethra
- Concealed penis surgery
- Genital gender affirmation surgeries including vaginoplasty, metoidioplasty and phalloplasty
- Hypospadias repair to correct the opening of the urethra in the penis when it is not centered
- Inflatable penile prosthesis placement
- Penile plaque incision and grafting for the removal of plaque or scar tissue
- Penile plication for penile curvature correction
- Ureteral stricture repair to correct blockage in the urethra
- Urethral reconstruction after pelvic trauma
- Urethroplasty surgery (urethral stricture repair) with graft or flap
- Urinary fistula repair surgery to correct a hole between the urethra and rectum
You can be confident that we offer the most effective techniques to restore genitourinary function and improve your quality of life.