Specialty Pharmacy Services
University Hospitals Specialty Pharmacy services are designed to help those patients who are taking high-cost and complex medications, called specialty medications. We will work closely with you and your physician to ensure that you receive the medications that are prescribed to you and follow the guidelines for taking them.
The UH Specialty Pharmacy offers a friendly and knowledgeable staff dedicated to improving the lives of our patients. As a customer of our specialty pharmacy, you will obtain the highest degree of customer service and clinical oversight to assure that your specialty medication needs are addressed.
UH Specialty Pharmacy is a specialty pharmacy offering you support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We treat you as an individual and work with your care providers to create a program tailored to your specific condition.
Because we want to be sure you understand and follow your prescription guidelines, you will be provided with education regarding your medication(s) in clinic or over the phone. In addition, we will provide you with other patient education materials including medication education handouts.
We are experts in care with years of experience, and we can help you get the treatment you need.
Quality and Accreditation
We will accept any prescription for a specialty medication. They may be provided via e-prescribing, fax, telephone or hard copy.
We will work with your insurance company to cover the cost of your medications. This is often called a “prior authorization,” “pre-approval” or “pre-certification.”
Even with insurance coverage, your out-of-pocket costs may be high, depending on your insurance plan. We will work with manufacturers, advocacy programs and charities to see whether you are eligible for any financial assistance.
Clinical Management Program
Our pharmacists will ensure that all clinical components of your therapy are addressed, including:
- Providing education on how to take your medication, what side effects may occur and whom to contact if you have questions.
- A review of other medications you are taking and what possible interactions could occur.
- Working with your providers to optimize your medication list to improve your health.
- Monitoring of laboratory values that may be affected by the medication.
- Our dedicated team of specialty pharmacy technicians will handle the details for shipping and delivering your specialty medications and monthly refills. Medications can be provided to you during a visit to your UH clinic or delivered free to your home.
Our program offers monthly refill reminders, ongoing clinical monitoring and general pharmacy support to help you succeed with your medications.
UH Specialty Pharmacy is proud to contract with the thousands of insurance companies to provide specialty pharmacy services:
- The UH Specialty Pharmacy works closely with your insurance company to provide the best financial outcomes for you.
- If your insurance company does not cover the entire amount, you will be responsible for the remaining cost, which is called a copayment. We will tell you the exact amount you need to pay and help you make your therapy plan as affordable as possible.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please call us at 216-765-2784.
UH Specialty Pharmacy
University Hospitals Home Care Building
4510 Richmond Road
Warrensville Heights OH 44128
Email: UHHSpecialtyPharmacy@uhhospitals.org – Note that this email is not secure and should not be used to send personal health information.