Pain Management Resources for Patients
Chronic pain can be both physically and emotionally wearing on a person. It can make even the simplest activities of daily living difficult to accomplish. The pain medicine specialists at University Hospitals understand this and provide answers to the most frequently asked questions we hear from our patients.
It is often helpful to read about other people who have come to University Hospitals for pain management services and experienced a positive outcome. Read the stories of two such patients.
There are many helpful resources available online on pain management, opioid addiction and other related topics.
- American Cancer Society: Cancer Pain
- American Chronic Pain Association
- American Society of Anesthesiologists: Pain Management
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- CDC: Helpful Materials For Patients: Chronic Pain
- Institute for Chronic Pain