Pain Management Resources for Patients
Chronic pain can be both physically and emotionally wearing on a person. It can make even the simplest activities of daily living difficult to accomplish. The pain medicine specialists at University Hospitals understand this and provide answers to the most frequently asked questions we hear from our patients.
It is often helpful to read about other people who have come to University Hospitals for pain management services and experienced a positive outcome. Read the stories of two such patients.
There are many helpful resources available online on pain management, opioid addiction and other related topics.
- The Emerald Jenny Foundation
- American Society of Addiction Medicine Patient Resources
- Stem the Tide: Addressing the Opioid Epidemic (AHA)
- CDC: Helpful Materials For Patients
- Northeast Ohio Hospital Opioid Consortium
- Ohio Controlled Substance Revised Code (Laws & Rules)
- Patient Resources by County
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Prescription Drug Misuse and Abuse
- American Chronic Pain Association
- American Cancer Association: Cancer Pain
- Institute for Chronic Pain
- American Society of Anesthesiologists: Pain Management
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine