Cardiac Device Clinics
The Cardiac Device Clinics of University Hospitals Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute provide optimal care for patients with implantable heart devices.
To schedule in-person and remote device follow-up appointments, call 216-844-3800.
Any patient with a cardiac pacemaker, implantable cardiac defibrillator (ICD), implantable loop recorder, cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) or cardiac contractility modulation device should receive routine assessments of their device to ensure optimal device function, identify and treat underlying abnormal heart rhythms and monitor battery status. Device monitoring is provided both in-person through office visits and remotely by monitoring from a patient’s home.
During a remote appointment, details from the patient’s device is gathered electronically using a phone or Bluetooth transmitter. Data is received and reviewed by dedicated, specially trained nurses and technicians, with consultations by clinical cardiac electrophysiologists so immediate feedback can be shared. In-person office visits are helpful to conduct further, more in-depth assessments of a patient’s heart and device function, and to make device-setting adjustments if needed. Keeping up with regular heart device monitoring helps ensure the best patient outcomes.
Cardiac Device Clinic Locations
Call 216-983-4715 to schedule at:
- University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center (Beachwood)
- University Hospitals Conneaut Medical Center
- University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center (Chardon)
- University Hospitals Geneva Medical Center
- UH Richmond Heights Outpatient Campus, UH Regional Hospitals
- University Hospitals Concord Health Center
- University Hospitals Euclid Health Center
- University Hospitals Mentor Health Center
- University Hospitals Minoff Health Center (Orange Village)
- University Hospitals Twinsburg Health Center
- University Hospitals Western Reserve Heart Care (Hudson)
- University Hospitals Westlake Health Center
Call 440-329-7600 to schedule at:
- University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center
- University Hospitals North Ohio Heart (Westlake)