Pediatric Neurology Residency
Benefits & Perks
Residents and Fellows are paid according to their level of training. The stipends, as of July 1, 2023:
PGY I: $63,900
PGY II: $66,400
PGY III: $69,000
PGY IV: $71,400
PGY V: $73,800
PGY VI: $76,400
PGY VII: $78,600
- Educational Stipend: Every program offers an educational stipend. The educational stipend may be used towards study materials, books, journals, professional memberships. Ask your program coordinator for details.
- Paid Time-Off: at least 20 days off
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Insurance: Coverage as provided in the UH hospital specific Employee Benefit Plan (bi-weekly premiums).
- Reproductive services including IVF, egg and embryo freezing, sperm extraction, and vasectomy reversal are covered at 50% with a lifetime max of $30,000 for medical fees and $15,000 for prescription costs.
- Lab Coats: Two (2) lab coats provided with embroidery
- Laundry: Lab coats and hospital scrubs are sent out for laundering by the hospital.
- BLS, ACLS. ATLS, PALS: UH RQI Only
- Professional Liability Insurance: Provided by the hospital. Coverage is limited to activities within the parameters of the training program.
- Research Project Presentation: If you are selected for a poster or paper presentation with the approval of the Program Director, the Resident will receive reimbursement to offset the cost for the registration & travel expenses subject to the UH policies for reimbursable travel & expense.
- Parking: Free on-site
- On-call Meal Allowance: Subject to the program’s on-call schedule
- Resident Wellness: All residents have access to National EAP (link or contacts to National EAP)