Pediatric Respiratory Care is provided in all clinical areas of Woman’s & Children’s Management Centers and serves all ages of patients from premature infants to geriatrics.
We are a team of therapists, educated and trained specifically, on the care and treatment of our youngest patients. Since 1964 the Department of Respiratory Care has provided national and international leadership in the areas of clinical practice, professional education, and clinical research.
Respiratory therapists in our department are trained professionals licensed by the state of Ohio. In addition, over 90 percent of our therapists have advance credentialing specific to Neonatal/Pediatrics Respiratory Care.
The Pediatric Respiratory Care Departments hosts numerous projects including:
- A Quarterly Departmental News Letter “The Respiratory Reader”. The Reader includes numerous articles and contributions submitted by the staff on “State of the Art” technologies and advancements in the field of Pediatric/Neonatal Respiratory Care Issues
- A yearly Rainbow Respiratory Conference
- Yearly contributions to the AARC (the American Association for Respiratory Care) National Conference
- Active participation/Initiation and Development of Clinical Care Paths
- Participate and implement educational programs for employees, peers and regional college students
- Design and implementation of clinical research, publication of scientific articles and books, serving as co-investigators on multidisciplinary grants, and serving as speakers at professional meetings