Child Life Specialist Career Information Seminar
Are you interested in the Child Life profession and want to learn more?
What do Child Life Specialists do?
Certified Child Life Specialists are trained professionals who help children and families cope with the stress and uncertainty of illness, injury, disability, and hospitalization.
Would you like to learn more about the Child Life profession?
Join one of the three informational seminars offered and find out what being a Child Life Specialist is all about. We will talk more about the role of a Child Life Specialist, areas Child Life Specialists work, the steps necessary to pursue a career in the field of Child Life, and resources available to Students to enhance their learning and networking in the Child Life Community. Questions and dialogue are encouraged!
The Child Life Specialist Career Information Seminar is presented virtually 3 times a year by Certified Child Life Specialists from 3 pediatric hospitals in Northeast Ohio:
- April (1st Friday) with a MetroHealth Child Life Specialist
- September (1st Thursday) with a Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital Child Life Specialist
- December (1st Saturday) with a UH Rainbow Child Life Specialist
Registration is Required
Please RSVP at least 1 week prior to the scheduled seminar (please make note of the similar but different email addresses for each session). A link to the live seminar will be emailed to you directly after receiving your RSVP.
- For questions or to register for the April session at MetroHealth: ChildLife@MetroHealth.org
- For questions or to register for the September session at Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital: ChildLifeStudent@CCF.org
- For questions or to register for the December session at UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s:ChildLifeStudents@UHhospitals.org
For General Questions or to Learn More
Lissy Zaremba, MA, CCLS
Clinical Educator | Child Life Student Coordinator
Family & Child Life Services
UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
Phone: (216) 844-1353
For additional information about the Child Life profession and becoming a Certified Child Life Specialist, please visit the Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP) at www.childlife.org