Salary & Benefits
Residents and Fellows are paid according to their level of training. The stipends, as of July 1, 2023:
PGY I: $63,900
PGY II: $66,400
PGY III: $69,000
PGY IV: $71,400
PGY V: $73,800
PGY VI: $76,400
PGY VII: $78,600
- Educational Funds: Every accredited program receives educational funds for each resident. The educational fund may be used in a variety of ways, e.g., study materials, books, journals, professional memberships, etc. Please ask your program coordinator for more details.
- Paid Time-Off: at least 20 days off (Learn more in GME Policies)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Insurance: Coverage as provided in the UH hospital specific Employee Benefit Plan (bi-weekly premiums).
- Reproductive services including IVF, egg and embryo freezing, sperm extraction, and vasectomy reversal are covered at 50% with a lifetime max of $30,000 for medical fees and $15,000 for prescription costs.
- Lab Coats: Two (2) lab coats provided with embroidery
- Laundry: Lab coats and hospital scrubs are sent out for laundering by the hospital.
- BLS, ACLS. ATLS, PALS: UH RQI Only
- Professional Liability Insurance: Provided by the hospital. Coverage is limited to activities within the parameters of the training program.
- Research Project Presentation: If you are selected for a poster or paper presentation with the approval of the Program Director, the Resident will receive reimbursement to offset the cost for the registration & travel expenses subject to the UH policies for reimbursable travel & expense.
- Parking: Free on-site
- On-call Meal Allowance: Subject to the program’s on-call schedule
- Resident Wellness: All residents have access to National EAP (link or contacts to National EAP)
Important GME Policies
Important GME policies have been prepared to provide general information about University Hospitals and the necessary administrative, educational, financial, human, and clinical resources to support Graduate Medical Education.