PGY2 Training in Pediatric Pharmacy
About & Program Objectives
The Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital PGY2 pharmacy residency program builds on Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) education and PGY1 training and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists in specialized areas of pediatrics practice. Graduating PGY2 residents are prepared for advanced patient care roles in specialized positions and are eligible for board certification. Training focuses on developing independent problem-solving skills and treatment strategies involving a range of disease states in pediatric patients.
The PGY2 pharmacy practice residency is a one-year commitment designed to provide post-graduate practical experience in providing pharmaceutical care to pediatric patients. The resident has the opportunity to develop as a pediatric and general practitioner through these experiences. Our goal is to train each resident to be a competent and confident provider of comprehensive pharmaceutical care for various pediatric conditions. The resident will demonstrate the ability to manage patient care and achieve optimal drug therapy outcomes. Residents will be accountable for providing education to other health care professionals and patients through a multitude of educational opportunities. Each resident will develop individual and professional skills that result in a highly marketable clinical practitioner throughout this residency experience.
Why Choose UH
Graduating residents will:
- Collaborate with the health care team to provide comprehensive medication management
- Ensure safe, effective, and appropriate drug therapy
- Prevent, identify, and resolve drug-related problems
- Ensure continuity of care
- Present as a competent, confident, and compassionate practitioner
- Demonstrate a commitment to the advancement of the profession and continued personal growth
- Possess comprehensive health-system pharmacy skills that promote future professional growth
- Create, promote, and participate as a part of a multidisciplinary medical team
- Demonstrate the ability to identify opportunities for improvement within a practice and practice site
- Provide education to professional and nonprofessional audiences, utilizing effective communication skills
- Demonstrate a foundation of leadership skills in pharmacy practice
Life in Cleveland Has So Much to Offer
Whether you are interested in exploring the rich cultural history of its neighborhoods or eating at one of its many award-winning eateries, Cleveland has something for everyone.