Post-Graduate Training in Pediatric Pharmaceutical Care
University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s PGY1 and PGY2 Pharmacy Residency programs build upon Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with various disease states and conditions. Training focuses on developing the resident’s knowledge base and treatment strategies involving a range of diseases and disorders in pediatric patients.
The PGY1 and PGY2 Pharmacy Practice Residencies are each a one-year commitment designed to provide post-graduate practical experience in providing pharmaceutical care to pediatric patients. Residents have the opportunity to develop as a pediatric and general practitioner through these experiences. Our goal is to train each resident to be a competent and confident provider of comprehensive pharmaceutical care for various pediatric conditions. Residents will demonstrate the ability to manage patient care and achieve optimal drug therapy outcomes. Residents will be accountable for providing education to other health care professionals and patients through a multitude of educational opportunities. Each resident will develop individual and professional skills throughout the residency experience that result in a highly marketable clinical practitioner.
Why Choose UH
Graduating residents will:
- Ensure safe, effective, and appropriate drug therapy and prevent, identify and resolve drug-related problems
- Present as a competent, confident, and compassionate practitioner
- Demonstrate a commitment to the advancement of the profession and continued personal growth
- Create, promote and participate as a part of a multidisciplinary medical team
- Demonstrate the ability to identify opportunities for improvement within a practice and practice site
- Provide education to professional and nonprofessional audiences, utilizing effective communication skills
- Demonstrate a foundation of leadership skills in pharmacy practice
- Learn professional staffing