Global Health Track in Family Medicine & Community Health
We have a strong mission within the Global Health Track in Family Medicine & Community Health at University Hospitals, in collaboration with Case Western Reserve University. It is to train clinically competent physicians to be able to serve any community and address health disparities anywhere in the world through didactic training, close mentorship and field experiences.
Global Health Core Beliefs
- Family medicine is a universal profession relevant in any community or society in the world.
- Global health practice is a state of mind rather than simply technical issues gained through a special training program.
- Health and the pursuit for health is a fundamental human right, not a privilege.
- If you are a competent family physician dealing with prevalent health issues in the community, you are eligible to practice global health proficiently in many parts of the world.
Global Health Track Program Offerings
- An intensive 2-day workshop in the 2nd and 3rd year of residency
- A longitudinal curriculum comprising of journal clubs and other academic activities
- One-on-one mentorship
- Optional site rotations in Guatemala, Thailand, China and Tanzania
- Scholarly work opportunities with the chance to present at various national meetings
Global Health Track Applications
The Global Health Track in Family Medicine & Community Health at University Hospitals takes up to two residents per year. Applications are taken during the PGY-1 year. If you're interested in pursuing your career as a global health practitioner, please contact us.
Life in Cleveland Has So Much to Offer
Whether you are interested in exploring the rich cultural history of its neighborhoods or eating at one of its many award-winning eateries, Cleveland has something for everyone.