Thank you for your interest in the UH Center of Emergency Medicine
At University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, in collaboration with Case Western Reserve University, we position our residency around growth. As a result, we designed our Emergency Medicine Residency program to help you become the very best clinician, leader and life-long learner you can be. We firmly believe we are training you to be a world-class emergency physician who can practice EM in any environment.
Whether your goal is to practice in a world-class ivory tower academic center, a small single-coverage community department or in an under-resourced international setting; we aim to prepare you for it all.
To do this, we are mindful about finding ways to challenge you at each step of your residency through a graduated responsibility curriculum.
Our Clinical Training Sites
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
- Academic, urban, tertiary care ED that serves as the residency's primary clinical site
- Annual ED Volume: 80,000+ visits
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Dedicated 10-bed clinical decision unit overseen by the ED gives residents experience with observation medicine
University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children's
- Academic, tertiary care, pediatric ED
- Annual ED Volume: 32,000+ visits
- Only Pediatric Level 1 Trauma Center in the region
- Staffed 24/7 by Pediatric EM trained staff
- Pediatric EM experience is integrated longitudinally into all EM blocks during residency
University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center
- Community, suburban ED
- Annual ED Volume: 50,000+ visits
- Located less than 10 miles from UH-CMC
- High performing operational model to emphasize throughput and patient experience
Life in Cleveland Has So Much to Offer
Whether you are interested in exploring the rich cultural history of its neighborhoods or eating at one of its many award-winning eateries, Cleveland has something for everyone.