University Hospitals Administrative Fellowship
One-Year Fellowship Offers In-Depth Experience in Health Care Administration
The University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center Administrative Fellowship is a one-year, project-based program that targets Master’s candidates in health care administration, business administration, public health and nursing administration. The program provides future health care executives with opportunities to gain an in-depth understanding of corporate, hospital and clinical-based health care operations within a complex academic health system. Fellows gain hands-on experience by taking part in an array of projects across the health system and have opportunities to nurture their professional growth by participating in a variety of leadership activities.
There are many advantages to participating in the Administrative Fellowship program, but most importantly, the fellowship provides:
- A direct reporting relationship with executive program preceptors
- Opportunities to observe and engage with executive leadership at the highest level of the organization
- Opportunities for developing and enhancing leadership and project management skills
- Exposure to Cleveland Medical Center and larger University Hospitals’ system
The Administrative Fellowship at UH Cleveland Medical Center comprises the following:
- Orientation: During the first month of the program, the fellows participate in informational meet and greets with members of the senior leadership teams at UH Cleveland Medical Center.
- Project Work: The fellows are assigned a variety of different projects both aligning with organizational need as well as personal/professional interests.
- Committee Meeting Rotations: The fellows rotate among key committees to gain a broad background and understanding of University Hospitals. By observing leaders, the fellows gain an awareness of various decision-making processes and challenges facing today’s executives.
- Senior Leadership Meetings: The fellows meet routinely with the executive program preceptors to discuss fellowship progress, professional development opportunities and current health care issues. The fellows also attend quarterly and regular system leadership meetings.
- Lunch and Learns: The fellows meet with a wide variety of executive leaders across the system, routinely over lunch. This gives the fellows the opportunity to learn from the leaders’ experience as well as broaden their exposure to different areas of the UH system.
For any questions relating to the fellowship position, please contact our current fellows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life in Cleveland Has So Much to Offer
Whether you are interested in exploring the rich cultural history of its neighborhoods or eating at one of its many award-winning eateries, Cleveland has something for everyone.