Parking Options Near UH Cleveland Medical Center
An 832-space parking garage is available for patients and visitors. From Euclid Avenue, the garage can be entered off UH Drive.
Pay On Foot Kiosks located in Lerner Tower 2nd floor near the skywalk to the garage and Seidman Cancer Center main lobby.
For access to University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, University Hospitals MacDonald Women’s Hospital, Lakeside and Hanna House.
Pay On Foot Kiosks located in lower Level of garage in Horvitz Tower and ground level of the parking garage by the elevator.
Parking rates for the Adelbert and UH Drive garages are listed below. These rates are based on a 24-hour schedule beginning at midnight each day.Visitor Rates
- 0 - 1 hours: Free
- 1 - 2 hours: $3.00
- 2 - 3 hours: $5.00
- 3 - 4 hours: $7.00
- 4 - 5 hours: $9.00
- 5+ hours: $12.00
See parking map (PDF) for Information Desk locations.
As a courtesy to all valid permit parkers, SP Plus offers the following motorist assistance, battery starts, flat tire inflation, emergency gasoline (at cost), and lost vehicle assistance. For assistance please call, 216-791-6226.
Disabled Patient/Visitor Parking AssistanceValet parking service for patients/visitors who are disabled or need assistance is available weekdays, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Cost ranges from $6 to $15 per day.
If you would like a police escort to your vehicle, contact Protective Services at 216-844-4357.
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center has six wheelchair accessible hospital entrances, indicated with a wheelchair symbol on the PDF Parking Map. If you need a wheelchair, please ask an Information Desk Receptionist or Greeter at entrances for assistance. Greeters can escort you to various patient care locations.
Electronic kiosks throughout our campus help patients and visitors find their way and locate services, doctors’ offices and departments. Just touch the screen to select a destination, and a map and specific directions will appear. See parking map (PDF) for wayfinding kiosk locations.
- Step 1: Entering Visitor Parking Facility
- Pull a ticket from the dispenser to access the parking garage.
- Take the ticket with you into the hospital. Do not leave ticket in your vehicle.
- Step 2: Paying For Parking At The Pay On Foot Kiosk
- Before returning to your vehicle, stop by one of the pay on foot kiosks to pay for parking. The pay on foot kiosk accepts cash and credit cards.
- To process parking, follow the directions on the pay on foot kiosk.
- When complete, the ticket will be dispensed and will need to be used in exit lane to exit garage.
- Step 3: Return To Vehicle And Proceed To Exit Lane
Questions About Parking Procedures
- What if I have an issue at the Pay On Foot Kiosk?
There is a number on the kiosk to call for assistance: 791-6226
- What if I forget to pay at the Pay On Foot Kiosk?
No problem! The machine in the exit lane is able to process credit card payments.
- What if I am not out of the garage before my 30 minutes expires?
You will be charged an additional fee at the exit machine that reflects the amount of time you exceeded the 30 minute window.
- What if I lose my ticket?
There is a LOST TICKET BUTTON on all pay on foot kiosks and pay stations. The lost ticket rate is $12.00 (daily maximum) regardless of how long you were parked.
- What if I lose my ticket after I processed it through the Pay On Foot Kiosk?
Unfortunately, you will be charged for a lost ticket at the exit lane. The lost ticket rate is $12.00 (daily maximum). No cash payments accepted in the exit lanes; credit card only.
- What if I have an issue at the exit lane?
There will be a Lane Ambassador ready to assist with any issues.
Long Term/Debit Card Passes
Long term/debit card parking passes are available to patients and visitors that come to UH Cleveland Medical Center in intermittent intervals. Passes are available in seven, fourteen, and thirty day increments and are priced at $17, $28, and $50 respectively.
Passes are available for purchase anytime at the UH Drive Garage office. They are also available for purchase Monday-Friday from 7:30am-4:30pm at the Parking office and during operational hours at Lerner Tower valet, Seidman Cancer Center valet, and UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital valet (cards not valid for valet).
Questions About Long-Term Parking Passes
- How does the debit card pass work?
Swipe the card on the side of the reader – much like you would swipe a credit card – to raise entrance/exit gate arms. Never pull a ticket or pay!
- How often can I use the card during the 24-hour period?
The pass can be used to enter and exit the garage as many times as needed. However, only one vehicle at a time may use the card.
- Does the pass expire?
The pass expires only when it is used for the amount of days purchased (7, 14, or 30 days).
- What happens if my pass expires while I am parked?
You can purchase a new pass or you will need to pay for the period of time that you were parked.
- What if I park and more than 24 hours passes before the exit?
Additional “days” will be deducted from your balance, depending on how many 24-hour blocks have passed while you were parked.
- Can I receive a refund for unused days?
No. Refunds cannot be issued for unused days. However, because unused days do not expire, the card can be saved for future visits.
- What if my pass is stolen?
No refunds or exchanges can be issued for lost or stolen cards.
- How may I find out how many days are left on my pass?
You may call the parking office to inquire about your balance.