Family Planning Education, Counseling and Medical Services for Families
The University Hospitals MacDonald Women’s Hospital Center for Family Planning was established to provide family planning training for residents while offering compassionate and excellent medical care to our patients.
We work in partnership with the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine and the Center for Human Genetics to manage pregnancies with diagnosed fetal anomalies, second trimester complications, and serious maternal conditions. We provide a range of options for the management of pregnancy loss or miscarriage. We also specialize in complex contraception for women with medical conditions.
A Wide Range of Family Planning Services
Services that the Center for Family Planning provides include:
- Access to contraception
- Counseling to prevent unplanned pregnancies
- Medical and surgical management of miscarriages and complicated pregnancies
- Pregnancy options counseling
- Family planning clinic for women with complicated medical problems or pregnancies diagnosed with fetal anomaly
Our contraception services include:
- Hormonal and non-hormonal contraception methods
- Birth control pills
- Contraceptive implants
- Intrauterine devices (IUDs)
- Referrals for difficult IUD insertions or removals
- Sterilization, or tubal ligation (both hysteroscopic and laparoscopic)
- Emergency contraception
- Contraception counseling for medically complicated patients
Center for Family Planning Welcomes Referrals
We welcome referrals for surgical services for women with medical conditions that make pregnancy unsafe, for women with pregnancies with a diagnosed fetal anomaly, or for the surgical management of women with pregnancy loss. We also welcome referrals for patients with complex contraception needs.
For referrals or questions about our services please call 216-844-1952 or email us at FamilyPlanning@UHhospitals.org.
Convenient Location for Family Planning Services
University Hospitals offers family planning services at the following location:UH MacDonald Women’s Hospital
11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1200
Cleveland, Ohio 44106