Aneuvysion FISH Analysis
Aneuvysion FISH analysis can be performed using a sample of chorionic villus or amniotic fluid obtained from the patient’s pregnancy. Aneuvysion FISH can detect the presence of trisomy 13, 18, 21, X, and Y. Aneuvysion FISH is usually ordered when there is a high level of suspicion of the presence of a chromosomal aneuploidy involving chromosome 13, 18, 21, X, and Y. Aneuvysion FISH results are available 72 hours after receipt of the sample (business days only). When Aneuvysion FISH is ordered in conjunction with chromosome analysis, final chromosome results are available approximately 10 days after Aneuvysion FISH results have been reported.
Note: Aneuvysion FISH results are considered preliminary results, as they cannot completely rule out the presence of trisomy 13, 18, 21, X, and Y in a sample.
Indications for Testing:
- Abnormal prenatal screening result
- Advanced maternal age
- Family history of a chromosome abnormality
- Abnormal ultrasound
- For Aneuvysion ONLY:
- At least 5 ml of amniotic fluid aseptically collected via trans-abdominal amniocentesis; discard first 1-2 ml or set aside in separate tube OR
- At least 5 mg chorionic villi with minimal decidua collected in sterile conical tube with sterile transport media
- For Aneuvysion AND chromosome analysis:
- 20-30 mg chorionic villi with minimal decidua collected in sterile conical tube with sterile transport media OR
- 20-30 ml Amniotic Fluid, aseptically collected via trans-abdominal amniocentesis; discard first 1-2 ml or set aside in separate tube
IMPORTANT: if less than 20 mg of CVS or less than 20 ml of amniotic fluid are received, there is no guarantee all testing ordered will be completed.
Please call 216-844-5227 to arrange for a courier pick-up of a local specimen. Specimens being sent from outside facilities should be packaged according to standard medical safety practices. A cold pack should be placed in the container during warm summer months. The specimen should never be frozen. The specimen should be shipped overnight priority.
Turn Around Time
- Aneuvysion – within 72 business hours of sample receipt
Please submit a completed Prenatal and Postnatal Cytogenetics and Molecular specimens requisition for each sample