How to Ensure Your Data is Accurate
University Hospitals is committed to providing the most accurate, up-to-date information to our patients, staff and employees about our clinical providers. This data feeds multiple systems and tools, including UHhospitals.org, the provider mobile app, directories, and external sites such as Google. If you see data that is incorrect, we have put together this guide to help you understand how to update your information appropriately. Note: HealthGrades, Doximity and Vitals are not updated by UH.
- 1) I want to add/update/remove my office locations and/or phone numbers
Please choose one of the following:
If you are unclear which option applies to you, contact your administrator/practice manager.
Changing this information will also update the Provider apps.
- 2) Why am I seeing the wrong phone number on my profile page?
The phone numbers displayed on the website are Invoca numbers that automatically overlays on top of your phone number. This Invoca phone number helps track marketing as well as helps with quality assurance.
To make sure that the Invoca number is directing to your correct office line, simply call the phone number listed on the website. If you are not directed properly, then please follow the steps in #1 above.
- 3) I want to add/update/remove my title, specialty, expertise, board certifications, education, or spoken languages
To add/remove/update your title, specialty, expertise, board certifications, education, or spoken languages shown on your profile please contact the Medical Staff Office at, MedicalStaffDirectoryFeedback@UHhospitals.org.
- 4) I want to add/update/remove my written biography, awards, research interests, and/or PubMed link
Please fill out a web request with the information you would like updated, added and/or removed.
- 5) I want to show/not show Accepting New Patients
Please have your Administrator follow these steps:
- 6) I would like to update my photo
Wear appropriate, professional attire according your employment duties:
- Lab coats or scrubs for medical providers, according to role.
- Dress attire, business professional or casual, for executives and employees who are not medical providers.
- Other required uniforms as deemed necessary by the terms of employment.
If you have an existing professional headshot you would like to use, please send to MedicalStaffDirectoryFeedback@UHhospitals.org for consideration. Headshots should be high resolution and recent.
- 7) I want to update my name
To update the name shown on your profile page please contact the Medical Staff Office at, MedicalStaffDirectoryFeedback@UHhospitals.org.
Note: Name must match your name on the Ohio Medical Board and will be verified prior to updating.
- 8) Why don't I show up in Find a Doctor?
There could be a few reasons why your profile does not display in Find a Doctor:
- You have yet to be credentialed with the Medical Staff Office. Please check your status by emailing, MedicalStaffDirectoryFeedback@UHhospitals.org.
- Your MDFit account does not have clinical terms/alias added. Please have your practice manager or business admin add terms to your MDFit account.
- You are an independent provider.
- 9) Why don't I have patient comments or star ratings?
We partner with the independent patient satisfaction company Press Ganey to survey patients about their experiences at UH facilities and with UH physicians to collect star ratings and comments. A physician’s rating will only be posted on the site providing he/she has a minimum of 30 completed surveys within a rolling 365 day period. If you have questions on ratings or comments, email Christopher Lawler.
- 10) What are Industry Relationships and why are they on my page?
At UH, we disclose payments to employed physicians of $5,000 or more from companies with which the physicians interact as part of their professional activities. These physician-industry relationships assist in developing new drugs, devices and therapies and in providing medical education aimed at improving quality of care and enhancing clinical outcomes. At the same time, UH understands that these relationships may create a conflict of interest. In providing this information, UH desires to assist patients in talking with their physicians about industry relationships and how those relationships may impact their medical care.
Per UH Policy CE-20 (Licensed Practitioner Interactions with Outside Sources), UH physicians seek advance approval for certain new industry relationships. In addition, physicians report their industry relationships and activities, as well as those of their immediate family members, to the UH Department of Compliance & Ethics annually through the Relationships of Interest Questionnaire. Compliance & Ethics review these reports and implement management plans, as appropriate, to address conflicts of interest that may arise in connection with medical research, clinical care, and purchasing decisions.
If you have any questions about this information, please contact the UH Outside Interests Team of the UH Compliance & Ethics Department at OutsideInterests@UHhospitals.org.
- 11) I am a QCN provider and I would like to be added to Find a Doctor
In order to update any of your profile information please email the QCN team.
- 12) How can I remove Locum Providers from the UHhospitals.org Find a Doctor search and other profiles?
To remove locum providers, the division chief of the department should send an email to the Medical Staff Office at MedicalStaffDirectoryFeedback@UHhospitals.org, listing the locum providers and requesting their profiles be removed.
- 13 ) My information is incorrect on Google
UH Marketing can help update basic information on Google Business Listings/Maps and select other online publishers for employed providers. Please complete a web request with the information you would like updated along with the link to this search result and as much additional detail as you can provide. HealthGrades, Doximity and Vitals are not managed by UH.
- 14) How do I access the UH Provider App to connect with colleagues and simplify referrals?
The UH Provider mobile app, available for both Apple and Android smartphones and devices, opens up the wealth of clinical expertise available at University Hospitals medical centers and health centers throughout Northeast Ohio. The app allows referring clinicians to quickly locate UH physicians by name, specialty and distance/location, simplifying referrals. It also provides information about our UH Urgent Care locations and phone contact numbers for direct admission to UH hospitals.
Features and Benefits:
- Search and filter UH providers by: Specialty, Clinical Interest, Name, Location/Distance
- View contact information: Scheduling, backline, email
- Create a personalized "Favorites" list
- Directly admit or transfer a patient to any UH hospital or regional emergency department
- Identify UH providers who speak a particular language, moving them to the top of your search results, if you wish.
To download the UH Provider App:
- Step 1: Search for "UH Provider" in the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Step 2: Download the app.
- Step 3: Log in with your UH network credentials.