Excess Weight - 10 Ways to Avoid Prediabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, and Heart Disease
December 04, 2020
Multiple factors can contribute to a person becoming overweight or obese. While poor diet and inactivity are often blamed, other factors – including some beyond our control like genetics, hormones and medical conditions – might have a significant effect too. Whether overweight or obese, excess body weight increases a person’s risk for many dangerous health issues.
In this webinar, Dr. Betul Hatipoglu, Director of the Diabetes and Obesity Center for University Hospitals and Dr. Ian Neeland, Director of Cardiovascular Prevention for University Hospitals Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute, will review 10 things people with excess body weight can do to prevent complications.
Participants will learn:
- What overweight/obesity is and what it’s not
- Practical ways to lose weight and avoid prediabetes, type 2 diabetes and heart disease
- How to implement lifestyle changes
- What University Hospitals is doing to address these issues and help people live healthier lives
An audience question and answer segment is included.
- Learn more about Endocrinology services at UH.
- Schedule an appointment with a Endocrinologist.