Chiropractic Treatment of Sciatica
November 13, 2020
This presentation will review the evaluation and treatment of sciatica from the perspective of a chiropractor. This presentation will cover:
- What is sciatica and what causes it?
- What is a chiropractor and what is a typical visit like?
- How does a chiropractor evaluate the source of a patient’s sciatic pain?
- What treatments does a chiropractor offer for sciatic pain?
- What patients would benefit most from chiropractic care?
- What is considered an adequate trial of chiropractic care for sciatica?
- What contraindications or precautions are there to receiving chiropractic care?
- Can a patient undergo chiropractic care and physical therapy or medical management at the same time?
- What are the most effective non-pharmaceutical treatments for sciatica?
- Does sciatica mean you are just getting old?
- Learn more about Integrative Medicine at UH.
- Meet the Integrative Chiropractic team at UH.