Institutional Review Board
IRB Walk-In Hours Flyer (PDF)
IRB Scope and Responsibilities
The UH Institutional Review Board (IRB) reviews all human subject research protocols that includes UH patients, data, PHI or personnel.
Statement of Compliance (PDF)
Meeting Dates and Submission Deadlines
The UH IRB consists of three boards, one of which specializes in the review of cancer research. The three committees are referred to as J Committee, M Committee and C Committee. The J Committee and M Committees meet every two weeks on Tuesdays (except holidays) at 3:30pm. The C Committee meets the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month (except holidays) at 2:30pm. The deadline for protocol submission is 10 days before the meeting date.
- IRB Meeting Dates 2020 (PDF)
- IRB Meeting Dates 2019 (PDF)
- IRB Meeting Dates 2018 (PDF)
- IRB Roster – J Committee v. 11/2019 (PDF)
- IRB Roster – J Committee v. 3/2019 (PDF)
- IRB Roster – J Committee v. 12/2018 (PDF)
- IRB Roster – M Committee v. 11/2019 (PDF)
- IRB Roster – M Committee v. 3/2019 (PDF)
- IRB Roster – M Committee v. 12/2018 (PDF)
- IRB Roster – C Committee v. 11/2019 (PDF)
- IRB Roster – C Committee v. 3/2019 (PDF)
- IRB Roster – C Committee v. 12/2018 (PDF)
IRB Support Services
For those new to research or are confused about how to submit your new study to the IRB, the new IRB Support Specialist is here to help lead you through the process and ensure the quality and content of your submission prior to IRB review.
The IRB Support Specialist will meet with you and guide you to appropriate policies, templates and resources necessary for a complete submission, likely minimizing the number of reviewer stipulations and time to approval.
Please note this support is limited to new studies only and will not extend to regulatory support for study start-up, or subsequent Modifications, Continuing reviews, etc. Support is reserved primarily for research studies conducted by new UH investigators, UH faculty and UH trainees.