Advancing Innovations Closer to Home
University Hospitals Clinical Research Center launched the UH Mobile Research Unit to expand access to our clinical research studies and trials to underserved areas across the region.
A goal of our discovery mission is to expand the number of people who have an opportunity to participate in clinical research studies and clinical trials, particularly in rural areas, underrepresented racial and ethnic communities, and to those unable to travel such as senior patients, students on college campuses, hospitalized patients in our regional hospitals, or nursing home residents.
With the first-of-its-kind in Northeast Ohio, the new 39-foot Mobile Research Unit achieves this goal by bringing a fully equipped clinic and laboratory to the regions we serve, at public events, and to UH’s community hospitals and practices.
Physician-scientists can rent this Mobile Research Unit to increase accessibility to clinical research opportunities and improve participant recruitment and retention. It will also expand research services to investigators who do not otherwise have the space or resources to engage in clinical research.
The new unit supports industry, foundation, and NIH-sponsored clinical trials, UH CRC’s Biospecimen Core, and the CRC’s initiative for providing 24/7/365 coverage for clinical research across Northeast Ohio.
The mobile unit allows you to bring new advances to the community with the opportunity to explore clinical research studies as part of routine healthcare.
Request more information or reserve the Mobile Research Unit for your research study or community event by completing the form below.
The Mobile Research Unit offers:
Two Private Exam Rooms
Standard clinical equipment including a full-size clinical exam table and extra-large procedure chair, Welch Allyn Wall Kits, and clinical equipment
Laboratory Processing Center
Support for time-sensitive sample processing with a full-size ambient/refrigerated centrifuge as well as refrigerator and freezer (-20 degrees through -80 degrees)
Conveniently located on the unit to support research activities at any location; Supports sample collection for protocols requiring frequent collection or that have narrow sample collection windows
Wheelchair Lift available
Continuous power available through diesel generator or shore power hookups; private and secure WiFi Network and Ethernet hookups; Running water for sinks and toilet
- Technical Specifications
- Make/Model: 39-foot Winnebago 2020 - WKJ38S
- Chassis: Freightliner FRED Diesel (1AT)
- GVWR: 26,000lbs
- Dimensions: 38’10” L x 8’-5.5” W x 12’11” H
- CDL not required (NOTE: additional supplies or equipment may require CDL)
- Power and Safety Features
- Power Tech 20 KW Diesel Generator
- 50 AMP Shore Power Hookup
- Antimicrobial Commercial Vinyl Flooring
- Antimicrobial Fiberglass Walls (interior)
- Security System
- Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Accessibility Options & Equipment
- Pepwave HD2 Multicellular Bandwidth Bonding Router (6 WAN)
- Ethernet CAT 5/6 Cables and Jacks
- Wheelchair Lift - Braun UVL 850
- Midmark Ritter 204 Manual Table
- Midmark 630 Exam Chair
- Centrifuge: Thermo Scientific™ Sorvall X1 R Pro, 120V H-Flex Cell Culture Package
- Sterling Ultracold -80 Specimen Freezer
- AccuCold Refrigerators (2)
- SenseAnywhere Temperature Monitoring Systems
- Welch Allyn Wall Kits (2)
- 19” LED TV (3)