Specialized Care for Male Sexual Health Concerns
Male sexual problems can cause worry and embarrassment for men of all ages. The experienced team at the Male Infertility & Sexual Health Program at University Hospitals offers leading-edge treatments to help put those fears to rest and restore your sexual health.
The Experts at UH Provide Compassionate Care for Male Sexual Health Problems
The expert, multidisciplinary team at the UH Male Infertility & Sexual Health Program takes great pride in delivering seamless care that’s sensitive to each patient’s individual needs. Depending on the nature and underlying cause of your sexual health problem, your care team may include:
- Fertility specialists
- Pelvic floor physical therapists
- Plastic surgeons
- Reconstructive urologists
The team collaborates to develop individualized care plans to diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions that can detract from a man’s sexual health, including:
- Blood vessel disorders such as atherosclerosis and high blood pressure
- Ejaculation disorders (anejaculation, retrograde ejaculation, delayed or premature ejaculation)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Fertility problems
- Low libido
- Low testosterone levels
- Nerve damage from surgery or diabetes
- Sexual dysfunction from spinal cord injury
- Peyronie’s disease
- Testicular pain
An Accurate Diagnosis is Essential for Effective Male Sexual Health Care
To determine the root cause of your sexual health problem, our team conducts a comprehensive evaluation that includes a physical exam; a medical, sexual and family history; diagnostic tests that may include x-ray, ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans; and blood, urine and other laboratory tests.
This comprehensive diagnostic process enables your care team to develop a treatment plan to help you achieve your sexual health goals.
UH Experts Offer a Wide Range Treatment Options for Male Sexual Health Conditions
Some of the medical, minimally invasive and microsurgical procedures we offer to treat and resolve male sexual health problems, include:
- Transurethral resection of ejaculatory duct: A congenital or acquired condition, this procedure removes the obstruction of one or both of the ejaculatory ducts.
- Inflatable penile prosthesis placement
- Microscopic and laparoscopic varicocele repair
- Penile curvature correction
- Penile Doppler ultrasound to identify causes of erectile dysfunction
- Penile injections for erectile dysfunction
- Spermatic cord denervation: A microsurgical technique for testicular pain treatment
- Testosterone replacement or supplementation
- Xiaflex injections for Peyronie’s disease
Help Close to Home with a Range of Convenient Locations
Convenient access is key when it comes to taking care of men’s sexual health needs. With multiple locations throughout Northeast Ohio, urology specialists at University Hospitals are available at a range of locations, closer to home. Call us today to schedule your appointment at one of our convenient locations.