Specialized Male Infertility Treatment and Other Male Sexual Health Concerns
Male infertility and sexual problems can cause worry and embarrassment for men of all ages. The experienced team at the Male Infertility & Sexual Health Program at University Hospitals offers leading-edge treatments to help put those fears to rest and restore your sexual health.
We take great pride in delivering seamless care that’s sensitive to each patient’s individual needs. When necessary, we bring together highly trained specialists including:
- Reproductive endocrinologists
- Plastic surgeons
- Pelvic floor physical therapists
Our skilled, multidisciplinary teams can help determine and treat underlying causes of any sexual health or fertility problems. We will develop individualized treatment plans to manage those conditions, but also help each patient reach their goals, from achieving a fulfilling sex life to growing a family.
Specialized Treatments for Any Condition
We treat a range of fertility and sexual health-related conditions at the Male Infertility& Sexual Health Program at University Hospitals. In addition, UH has one of only two male infertility specialists in Northeast Ohio. Our experienced providers commonly treat conditions such as:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low testosterone
- Peyronie’s disease
- Sexual dysfunction
- Testicular pain
For all male sexual health conditions, our team conducts a complete medical evaluation that often includes several types of diagnostic tests. These tests may include x-ray, ultrasounds, computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans,as well as blood, urine and other laboratory tests. This comprehensive diagnostic process helps us develop a care path that helps you achieve your fertility and sexual health goals.
Leading-Edge Treatments for Improved Outcomes
Our specialized team offers a range of procedures for male infertility treatment and treatment for sexual health conditions. Using advanced,minimally invasive urological procedures,we have strong results demonstrating excellent patient care.
Some of the procedures we perform include:
- Advanced sperm retrieval procedure: An advanced microsurgical technique used to harvest sperm to be used in a fertilization procedure.
- Artificial urinary sphincter placement: The surgical placement of an inflatable cuff that fits around the urethra for urinary incontinence support.
- Electroejaculation: A procedure used to obtain semen samples.
- Fertility preservation: A process to preserve fertility or the ability to reproduce in the future by retrieving and saving eggs or sperm.
- Inflatable penile prosthesis placement
- Microscopic and laparoscopic varicocele repair: Generally, an outpatient surgery, this minimally invasive procedure is done to improve male fertility.
- Microsurgical vasectomy reversals: A procedure to reverse the effects of a vasectomy, which bypasses the blockage made to keep sperm from travelling into the ejaculate.
- Spermatic cord denervation: A microsurgical technique for testicular pain treatment.
- Testosterone replacement: To increase testosterone in a male body, testosterone is injected through testosterone replacement.
- Transurethral resection of ejaculatory duct: A congenital or acquired condition, this procedure removes the obstruction of one or both of the ejaculatory ducts.
- Tunica albuginea plication: A procedure for penile curvature correction.
- Vasectomy: Also called male sterilization, a procedure blocks the vas deferens which restricts the flow of sperm for fertilization.
- Vasectomy reversal: The reversal or removal of the blockage that restricts sperm flow to support fertilization.
We also offer newer medications for low testosterone and Peyronie’s disease. Our team is dedicated to providing the most advanced, safe and effective treatments available for men in Northeast Ohio.
Help Close to Home with a Range of Convenient Locations
Convenient access is key when it comes to taking care of men’s sexual health needs. With multiple locations throughout Northeast Ohio, urology specialists at University Hospitals are available at a range of locations, closer to home.Call us today to schedule your appointment at one of our convenient locations.