OB/Gyn & Women's Health Services
Section I: Can breastfeeding work for me?
- What’s so great about breastfeeding? - Includes benefits of breastfeeding for infant and mother.
- What about my life? - FAQ for life and work questions.
- Breastfeeding - Glad you Asked! - Questions and responses for informed infant feeding choice.
- Care of me - True/false for “urban myths” about breastfeeding with explanations
Section II: Who will support me while breastfeeding
- Dads are needed for breastfeeding - Ways to include the father in breastfeeding
- How can we work this out together? - Interactive questions for a facilitated discussion with mom and dad.
Section III: Let’s get started breastfeeding
- All about Latch - say no to pain
- Three to four day postpartum breastfeeding checklist – a preview and resource list (Download Steps to Success Checklist)
- Is my baby getting enough - how to make milk (download refrigerator magnet)
Section IV: Hang in there – It’s only temporary
- Do the first two weeks last forever - Common problems and solutions for the first two weeks in Q/A format
- Am I stuck here or is it bonding? - Interactive questions and responses for a discussion on postpartum feelings
Additional Support Items
- Magnets - Create and hand out a refrigerator magnet.
- Nursing pads and bras - Mothers with limited resources are very pleased to receive these as small gifts.
- Hold Me Mom
- Holding Your Baby for Breastfeeding ("How to Breastfeed" ODH 3988.23 (rev 3/11))
- Helping Your Baby to Latch On ("How to Breastfeed" ODH 3988.23 (rev 3/11))
- Four Steps to a Great Latch
- Hand Expression ("How to Breastfeed" ODH 3988.23 (rev 3/11))
- How to Pump Your Breast Milk
- Storing Your Breast Milk