OB/Gyn & Women's Health Services
For Community Health Workers
Section I: Can breastfeeding work for me?
- What’s so great about breastfeeding? - Includes benefits of breastfeeding for infant and mother.
- What about my life? - FAQ for life and work questions. (Game Card)
- Breastfeeding - Glad you Asked! - Questions and responses for informed infant feeding choice. (Game Card)
- Care of me - True/false for “urban myths” about breastfeeding with explanations (Game Card)
Section II: Who will support me while breastfeeding
- Dads are needed for breastfeeding - Ways to include the father in breastfeeding
- How can we work this out together? - Interactive questions for a facilitated discussion with mom and dad.
Section III: Let’s get started breastfeeding
- All about Latch - say no to pain
- Three to four day postpartum breastfeeding checklist – a preview and resource list
- Is my baby getting enough - how to make milk
Section IV: Hang in there – It’s only temporary
- Do the first two weeks last forever - Common problems and solutions for the first two weeks in Q/A format (Game Card)
- Am I stuck here or is it bonding? - Interactive questions and responses for a discussion on postpartum feelings
True/False About Breastfeeding and Benefits of Breastfeeding
FAQ About Breastfeeding and Milk Supply/Latch
Talking About Feeding Choice, Relationship Building and How to Support Breastfeeding
- Dads are needed for breastfeeding (how to include dad)