Heart Failure Education and Guidance to Help You Manage Your Heart Health
A personalized self-management program will be developed for you by the Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Center medical team. Your comprehensive plan, which will include input from you, will include:
- A complete physical assessment by a heart failure specialist
- A plan developed specifically for you by your medical team and yourself
- Intensive education on managing your heart failure
- Diet review and instruction on how to follow a low-sodium diet
- Exercise testing and risk stratification
- Exercise training and guidance
- Complete medication review, including dosing, possible side effects and possible medication interactions
- Help with financial application for medication assistance programs, if appropriate
- Assistance with any disability application, if appropriate
- Opportunities to participate in cutting-edge projects and research trials that may lead to improvements in heart failure care
- Heart transplant and assist device evaluation, if appropriate
Read inspirational stories about real people who came to University Hospitals for heart care and are now thriving.
Managing Your Heart Failure at Home
In addition to following your doctor’s advice, there are a few simple tips and lifestyle adjustments that can help you manage heart failure and stay healthy at home.