Our Radiation Oncology Care Team
Meet Our Clinical Care Team
At UH Seidman Cancer Center we strive to be the preferred Radiation Oncology Department for patients seeking care.
The radiation oncology team at UH Seidman Cancer Center is made up of specially trained health care professionals who are experts in radiation therapy and cancer care.
Members of our team include:
- Radiation oncologists: Medical doctors trained in the use of radiation therapy to treat cancer.
- Advanced practice providers: Healthcare providers, including Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners, to help with the diagnosis, treatment recommendations, on treatment assessments, and survivorship care.
- Medical physicists: Specialists trained in physics, including radiological physics, and also in clinical, basic medical, and radiobiological sciences. They help ensure the accurate delivery of all aspects of treatment.
- Medical and Physics Residents: Physicians and physicists undergoing training
- Medical dosimetrists: Health care professionals who design, generate, and measure radiation dose distributions and dose calculations while providing oversight to high level treatment procedures.
- Radiation therapists: A medical professional who administers radiation to patients who have cancer.
- Registered Nurses: Nurses with oncology background and special training in radiation therapy.
- Medical Assistants: Team members who help with in clinic patient assessments and coordination.
Other valuable members of the team that assist patients in various aspects of their radiation oncology journey include:
- Oncology social workers
- Registered dietitians
- Speech therapists
- Physician therapists
- Integrative health specialists
- Clinical trial nurses and research assistants