Enhancing Cancer Services Regionally and Nationally
University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center provides the highest standards of care in an n environment dedicated to cancer patients and their loved ones. This level of patient care and the significant research of our physician-scientists, has led to longstanding national recognition.
University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center and Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine’s clinical research contributions have garnered national recognition as being in the top 1% of all cancer programs in the US according to U.S. News and World Report. To continue building on a remarkable reputation, UH has built a new state-of-the-art hospital bringing all cancer care under one roof.
University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center is part of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, which has been recognized by the National Cancer Institute. Hospitals receive this recognition for maintaining high standards of excellence in patient care, education and clinical research. This allows us new opportunities to continue advancing health care for the community and for professionals all under one roof. Some of the facility’s features include:
- Patient- and family-centered design: including exercise rooms for inpatients, overnight accommodations for family members, work stations, natural lighting and patient education programs.
- 120-bed facility, with the ability to expand to 150 beds
- Clinical care areas organized to treat specific patient populations
- State-of-the-art technologies including the first PET/MRI in a cancer hospital in the world, and the first in Ohio and only provider in the region to offer patients proton therapy
- Smooth flow through outpatient areas and services
- Clustered physician clinical offices and patient treatment areas for appointment convenience
- Outpatient services, including physician clinical offices and patient treatment areas
- Access to the most innovative treatments, including over 300 clinical trials
- The Schneider Healing Garden, where patients and families can spend time outdoors to relax in a stress-reduced environment
- The world famous Wolfgang Puck Café
- Teaching and conference facilities to support community involvement