Non-Surgical Weight Loss Options
With a comprehensive approach to medical weight loss solutions, our team at University Hospitals provides a range of non-surgical weight loss treatment options, based on your unique needs and goals. Our team of weight loss doctors and dietitians provides services such as nutrition consultations, diet and meal replacement plans, lifestyle counseling and medication for weight loss.
Our Non-Surgical Weight Loss Programs
- Nutrition and Dietary Consult
- Provides comprehensive food and nutrition services
- Instruct patients and their families on innovative ways to promote optimal nutrition, health and wellness
- Provide education for disease prevention and nutrition counseling for chronic conditions
- Weight Management through Meal Replacement
Available to anyone with BMI over 27.5. This program provides dietary counseling with meal replacement, carefully overseen by a physician. Unlike calorie-counting, phone apps, or gym and diet memberships, our weight-management program includes a variety of medical services that many insurance companies will help pay for as a medical benefit. (This program is coming soon to UH Parma Medical Center.)
- Protein Sparing Modified Fast
Intensive Dietary Counseling for those with BMI >27.5 along with diabetes.
- Comprehensive Weight Loss/Medication-Assisted Weight Loss
This program utilizes various weight loss medications in addition to dietary and exercise modifications in an effort to optimize weight loss. The program, managed by our nurse practitioner weight loss specialists, provides monthly goal setting, dietary meal plans and exercise recommendations.
Patients who can benefit from this program include:
- Patients with a BMI 27 – 29.9 with weight-related health problems, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea or high cholesterol
- Patients with a BMI 30+ with or without weight-related health problems
- Patients who have regained weight after bariatric surgery
- Patients who need to need to lose weight to be better candidates for other procedures such as joint replacement, transplant, fertility, etc.
Our advanced practice providers can help you find the best weight loss method for you and help guide you through your weight loss journey.
- Fitter Me
The Fitter Me program is a physician supervised program that offers lifestyle counseling to promote weight loss, treatment using weight loss medications, risk assessments and personalized recommendations.
- UH Connor Whole Health
UH Connor Whole Health provide integrative medicine consults including review and recommendation of lifestyle and behavioral changes influencing diet, exercise and sleep.
- UH OptWeight
UH OptiWeight is a nutrition, physical activity, and behavioral modification educational program taught by University Hospital's Population Health Registered Dietitians. Enroll in UH OptiWeight to learn practical, customized strategies from dietitians designed to help you improve your health and nutritional habits. Please email UH OptiWeight for more information on class locations and how to register.
Endoscopic Weight Loss Procedures
To fill the void between medical weight loss programs and bariatric surgery, our team at University Hospitals provides endoscopic, or non-surgical weight loss procedures. We can help patients lose up to 20 percent of their body weight through endoscopic treatment options as an alternative to other weight loss methods that require significant lifestyle changes for success.