Hepato-Pancreato Biliary Surgery 1-Year Fellowship Program
The Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary (HPB) Fellowship at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center is a clinical fellowship with ample opportunities for clinical and basic science research. The focus of the fellowship is on the diagnosis and care of complex benign and malignant HPB disease. The fellow is expected to be able to assume the role of the operative surgeon with the attending being the assistant. The fellow if qualified may be appointed as a Clinical Instructor within the Department of Surgery and receives clinical privileges.
Clinical responsibilities include all aspects of care for the HPB patient from the initial clinic visit to post-operative care. The operative experience includes the following: pancreaticoduodenectomy, total pancreatectomy, open and laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy, hepatic lobectomy and trisegmentectomy, hepatic transplantation, open and laparoscopic partial hepatic lobectomy, extrahepatic biliary resection, intraoperative ultrasound, radiofrequency ablation, advanced foregut surgery, and treatment of GIST and other abdominal/retroperitoneal sarcomas.
Our multidisciplinary clinics and conferences are an integral part of the management of patients with pancreatico-biliary disease and liver tumors. These allow for seamless interactions between the departments and create a collaborative spirit which is beneficial for the patients and physicians. The fellow will assume an active role in the clinics and conferences.
The fellow will also have the opportunity to take part in numerous clinical trials/basic science research and will be expected to participate in the presenting and publishing of these results. Teaching responsibilities include supervision to mid and upper-level residents and instruction to all levels of residents and students.
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Primary Program Site: University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
- University Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Year Program Established: 2019
- % of Program Clinical: 90
- % of Program Research: 10
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
- Interaction with Residents: Some cases shared
- Is there a General Surgery Residency at the Primary Institution?: Yes
- Is there a General Surgery Residency at the Secondary Institution?: No
- Is there a curriculum in place for fellowship?: Yes
- Are there teaching conferences available for the fellow?: Yes
- Is there an evaluation tool for fellow by faculty in place?: Yes
- Is there an evaluation tool for faculty by fellow in place?: Yes
- Papers Accepted For Publication where PD was an author: 41
- Publications that Involved Input from the Fellow: 0
Why Choose Us
Life in Cleveland Has So Much to Offer
Whether you are interested in exploring the rich cultural history of its neighborhoods or eating at one of its many award-winning eateries, Cleveland has something for everyone.