Advanced GI/Flexible Endoscopy 1-Year Fellowship Program
This is an advanced GI surgery fellowship including advanced laparoscopic, endoscopic and endoluminal techniques. Laparoscopic cases include a broad range of biliary, foregut, hernias, and solid organ surgeries. Open surgical cases will include training in complex abdominal wall reconstructions. Flexible endoscopic experience will include training in EGD, colonoscopy, ERCP, POEM, POP, and advanced endoscopic therapies including enteral and esophageal stenting, and management of fistulae and leaks. Fellows will work closely with surgical residents, medical students, and research fellows.
Experience will be gained in advanced laparoscopic techniques, combined endoscopic/laparoscopic techniques, endoluminal therapies, and complex abdominal wall reconstruction (laparoscopic, open, robotic). Research will focus on advanced endoscopic techniques, endoluminal esophageal myotomies, diaphragm pacing and abdominal wall reconstruction, as well as clinical investigations of prototype equipment.
Fellows interested in a broad experience in advanced general surgical procedures, with an education in all aspects of laparoscopic and endoscopic therapies for comprehensive management of very complex patients with GI and abdominal wall problems should apply.
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Primary Program Site: University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
- University Affiliation: Case Western Reserve University
- Year Program Established: 2006
- % of Program Clinical: 85
- % of Program Research: 15
- Dry Lab
- Wet lab
- Administrative Support
- Basic Science Research
- Clinical Research
- Simulation Lab
- Simulation Center, FLS Testing Center, FES Testing Center, FUSE Testing Center
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
- Interaction with Residents: Some cases shared
- Is there a General Surgery Residency at the Primary Institution?: Yes
- Is there a General Surgery Residency at the Secondary Institution?: No
- Is there a curriculum in place for fellowship?: Yes
- Are there teaching conferences available for the fellow?: Yes
- Is there an evaluation tool for fellow by faculty in place?: Yes
- Is there an evaluation tool for faculty by fellow in place?: Yes
- Papers Accepted For Publication where PD was an author: 23
- Publications that Involved Input from the Fellow: 12
Why Choose Us
Life in Cleveland Has So Much to Offer
Whether you are interested in exploring the rich cultural history of its neighborhoods or eating at one of its many award-winning eateries, Cleveland has something for everyone.