How to Apply
Application Resources for Diagnostic Radiology Residency
All applications to the Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program are filled through The National Resident Matching Program, commonly known as The Match. Applications are accepted exclusively through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Our Department of Radiology positions are all Advanced (A) positions meaning that they begin as a PGY2 after one year of prerequisite training. The prerequisite year may be in any preliminary position such as medicine, surgery or a transitional year.
All applications for open radiology residency positions are reviewed in their entirety. There are no minimum score requirements. Qualifying applicants who are invited for interviews will be contacted via ERAS with details. Our interview season typically includes dates from October through January.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, all residency interviews for the 2020-2021 application cycle will be conducted in a virtual format.
Application Requirements for Radiology Residency
We require the following documents from every applicant:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae generated from completing ERAS
- Minimum of three (3) current letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Dean’s letter (MSPE) and Medical School Transcript
- United States Medical Licensing Exam scores
For foreign graduates:
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification required to be ranked
- J-1 visa supported