One-Year Comprehensive Breast Imaging Fellowship
The Breast Imaging Division at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, in collaboration with Case Western Reserve University, offers two positions annually for a one-year comprehensive breast imaging fellowship according to the guidelines and curriculum recommended by the Society of Breast Imaging (SBI).
The UH Breen Women's Health Pavilion is a state-of-the-art breast center. All our breast centers maintain the status of Breast Imaging Center of Excellence based on our American College of Radiology (ACR) accreditation. We also have ACR accreditation for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for the sites that perform breast MRI at University Hospitals. We have excellent support staff, including a clinical nurse navigator at most sites.
Most of our exams are performed among five main breast centers staffed by eight dedicated breast imaging radiologists. The fellow is actively involved in the interpretation of examinations, performance of procedures, and consultation with referring physicians.
Breast Imaging Examinations
We perform the whole gamut of breast imaging exams, including:
- 33,000 Screening Mammograms)
- 8,100 Diagnostic Mammograms
- 2,500 Image-guided (US, MRI, stereo and tomo) biopsies and localizations
- 2,400 MRI, full and abbreviated (FAST)
Current Technology Overview
Our breast centers are equipped with the most advanced technology available, including:
- Hologic Dimensions mammography units (tomosynthesis with C-view)
- 7 Supersonic US units with elastography
- 3 Hologic Affirm (also used for upright stereo/tomo procedures)
- MRI performed on 1.5/3.0 T Siemens, Philips and GE Magnets
- Biopsy devices: Suros Atec for US, stereo, tomo and MRI. Marquee for US
Life in Cleveland Has So Much to Offer
Whether you are interested in exploring the rich cultural history of its neighborhoods or eating at one of its many award-winning eateries, Cleveland has something for everyone.