PGY1 Pharmacy Residency at UH Ahuja Medical Center
In order to obtain a certificate from the program, the following must be completed by the end of your residency year:
- Pharmacist licensure in the State of Ohio (as outlined in Licensure Policy)
- Complete all required residency rotations/experiences (as outlined in Assessment Strategy and Customized Plan Development Policy).
- Complete all resident evaluations (in PharmAcademic).
- Must not have any goals which need improvement (NI) and must not have more than 2 goals with satisfactory progress (SP).
- Completed all staffing requirements (as outlined in the Acceptance Letter).
- Complete all required residency presentations:
- Two Case Conference or Continuing Education Topic presentations given to pharmacy staff
- System Pharmacy Grand Rounds/Seminar presentation
- Two Journal Club presentations to clinical staff and/or pharmacy students
- Precept and evaluate at least one pharmacy student on Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE).
- Attend the Ohio Society of Health System Pharmacists (OSHP) Residency Showcase and ASHP Midyear Meeting to promote professional development and assist with program recruitment.
- Complete a Residency Project and Medication Use Evaluation.
- Attend and present results of residency project at Ohio Pharmacy Residency Conference (OPRC) (or similar venue)
- Complete a manuscript that is suitable for publication (submitted to RPD by last scheduled day of residency).
- Duration: 12 months
- Required core rotations: 9
- Elective rotations: 3
- Number of positions: 2
- Total beds: 144