Applying for the Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship at University Hospitals
The Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center is a three-year program with two years of clinical experience and one year devoted to research. One fellow is accepted each year.
Fellowship Prerequisites and Application Requirements
Physician who are eligible to apply need to have completed or be in process of completing a four-year residency program in obstetrics and gynecology accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) in the U.S. or a five-year residency program in Canada accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Applicants also must be eligible to take the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) written examination.
Applications for this fellowship program must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
The completed application should include:
- Common Application Form (CAF) in MyERAS
- CREOG scores (please email scores to Toni.Knowles@UHhospitals.org.)
- Personal statement
- Recent photo
- At least four letters of recommendation from the following:
- Chairman of applicant’s department
- Residency program director of applicant’s department
- A gynecologic oncologist within applicant’s department
- A letter of recommendation from an additional medical professional or scientific collaborator of the applicant’s choice
Applicant Selection Process
Based on their credentials and letters of reference, select applicants will be invited for a formal interview. Interviews are held in July and August and include meetings with the entire staff, a tour of the facilities and an opportunity to meet with current fellows and residents. The final selection is made at a joint meeting of all staff members. The National Resident Matching Program administers the selection process.
Applications are submitted via the ERAS website and must be completed by April 1 of each year for the position beginning July 1 of the following year.
Toni Knowles, Fellowship Program Coordinator
11100 Euclid Avenue
Mailstop MAC 5034
Cleveland, OH 44106