Comprehensive and Diverse EMS Educational Training Program
The University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center Department of Emergency Medicine, in collaboration with Case Western Reserve University, offers an ACGME-Accredited EMS Fellowship Program. The program will provide the fellow with the fundamentals of prehospital medicine as well as a comprehensive experience in EMS medical direction over the course of one year. Multiple opportunities exist for professional growth within the areas of education, clinical expertise, and research.
- EMS medical direction and education.
- Cleveland Heights Fire Department
- Parma Fire Department
- Shaker Heights Fire Department
- UH Critical Care Transport
- UH MedEvac
- Experience with Special Operations, including tactical medicine and HazMat response.
- Leadership and participation in development and delivery of medical care at large scale mass gathering events, including:
- First Energy Stadium, Home of the Cleveland Browns
- Cleveland Triathlon
- Cleveland Marathon
- Longitudinal experience in emergency management and disaster preparedness.
- Participation in ongoing research as well as fellow initiated research.
Life in Cleveland Has So Much to Offer
Whether you are interested in exploring the rich cultural history of its neighborhoods or eating at one of its many award-winning eateries, Cleveland has something for everyone.